Last updated Oct 20, 2021
Summer 2022 registration will be open soon! First practice = June something, 2022.
Note: In the meantime, we are providing free lessons / practices for all beginners every Tuesday during the school year from 6:00 till 6:45pm at Krebs Field at Ramsay Park
Step 1: Click the button below to sign up for this season. This includes our local (Birmingham) liability waiver.
Step 2: THEN, AFTER you complete that local registration, click the link below to register as a USA Rugby member, which is only $25 for this group. Both are mandatory to play. Once you are on the USA Rugby registration page you will need to select Type = Youth & High School, Region = Rugby Alabama, and Club Name = Central Alabama. Then at the bottom of the screen choose “High School.”
Important News 4/19/21:
– Youth Rugby Practices for 2021 to begin June 7th.
– We are NOT charging CAYR season dues this year, but do not expect us to provide jerseys, shorts, socks, balls, etc. We will have jerseys that can be borrowed on tournament days if tournaments happen.
(Ages 11 or 12 to 14)
Registration for age 11 or 12 to 14 tackle: Date of Birth between 9/2/05 and 9/1/08 (11 year olds can play up) for the year ending 8/31/21.
Cost: There will be NO Birmingham / CAYR team DUES this summer as long as you sign a waiver. USA Rugby dues will only be $25 for players in the “high school” category, which is players on the U15 and U19 tackle teams.
Note: 11 year olds have the option to move up to U15 with parents’ permission.
Style = Boys Only Tackle Rugby (if enough girls are interested we will have a girls division as well).
Practices/Scrimmages for this age will begin June 7, 2021 and likely end the week of August 2, 2021. They will be Monday and Wednesday nights from 6:00 – 7:30pm at Krebs Field at Ramsay Park (3601 Montclair Road in Birmingham). Check this website’s calendar for cancellations or date changes
Tournaments for the 2021 U15 Tackle Rugby Team:
- June 26, 2021 = Vulcan 7s in Birmingham, Alabama
- July 10, 2021 = Possibly at Luau 7s in Mobile, Alabama
- July 17, 2021 = Individuals may sign up for Memphis Touch Rugby Tournament at https://forms.gle/CkrEcrc1NEmPb9L48 but we might not bring a full team
- Michael Laney, Executive Director of Alabama Youth Rugby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-903-3408