Last updated 3/20/20
Important News 3/20/2020:
– Registration is still open for the Summer, 2020 Youth Season. If the season is canceled due to COVID-19 before the season even starts, you will be issued a full refund.
(Ages 6 – 15) – ages of each team to be determined based on what we have
Registration for ages 6 – 15 (flag): Date of Birth between 9/1/04 and 9/1/13 for the year ending 8/31/20. Yes, you can be older than 11 or 12 to play in this division now!
Follow the instructions below:
Note: 11 year olds have the option to move up to contact rugby with parents’ permission.
- Read all of these steps before you click any links because there are two places to sign up and two places to make separate payments.
- Go to www.usarugby.org
- In the menu, select Membership, then select Register.
- Click the appropriate link as to whether or not you are a current or former member of USA Rugby, not a member but want to join, or a current member requesting a login account.
- Make sure you register for “Central Alabama Non-Contact Rugby Sevens.”
- Continue with the rest of the questions, online signatures, and online payment.
- When you’re asked to chose a role, choose “Player Member” unless you are a ref, coach, or admin. (Player dues are only $11.50 but that is not the same as your CAYR dues).
- Click the button below to sign up and pay dues for this season.
Style = CoEd Flag Rugby
Practices/Scrimmages for this age will be Monday nights from 6:00 – 7:30 at Krebs Field at Ramsay Park (3601 Montclair Road in Birmingham). Starting date is June TBD, 2020 with and end date tentatively as late as July TBD, 2020. Check this website’s calendar for cancellations or date changes.
Tournaments for the 2020 U13 Flag Rugby Team:
June 27, 2020 = Vulcan 7s in Birmingham, AL
August TBD, 2020 = likely Elvis 7s in Memphis, TN
Stay tuned for details on these and possibly additional tournaments. This website will be updated.
Cost: $70 (This includes a jersey and entry fees into all tournaments). Each child will need to provide cleats (soccer cleats are fine) and black shorts (preferably with a draw string). If you cannot afford CAYR dues or know someone else who is interested in benefiting from or donating to our youth scholarship program, see our Scholarship page for details.
Laws (a.k.a. Rules):
- Michael Laney, Executive Director of Alabama Youth Rugby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-903-3408