Last Updated 7/2/18
2018 Vulcan 7s
Birmingham – June 30, 2018
Congrats to the winners listed at the bottom of this page.
U12 co-ed flag, U19 boys tackle, Men’s, and Women’s.
–Eligibility Information: EVERYONE who plays in our tournament (even youth) MUST be CIPP complaint with USA Rugby. There are no exceptions to this rule. Motley teams are more than welcome, but they must still be CIPP complaint. This means they have a USA Rugby Membership ID. They will need to know this ID number. Age is determined as of Sept 1, 2017 (not 2018).
Tournament = Saturday June 30, 2018
The attached schedule is as of noon Friday 6/29/18:
Tournament Venue = Heardmont Park
- Chairs, coolers, tents, etc., are welcome
- There will be 2 food trucks on site: “Broad Street Peaux Boys” and “Urban Smoke”.
- Social to follow at Zydeco
- Air conditioned bathrooms and portable toilets will both be available
- Rugby merchandise will be for sale
- U12 flag laws: Click here for the U12 flag rugby laws and “progressions” used. (updated 5/2/18)
- JV flag (likely U15 or U16 age) laws: Click here for the JV flag rugby laws and “progressions” used. (updated 5/2/18)
- JV, U19, College Men’s, College Women’s, Men’s, and Women’s Brackets: Stay tuned.
- USA Rugby rules will determine eligibility for the tournament. That includes the age determination date of September 1, 2017.
How much to register a team:
Registration DEADLINE = Early bird discount for mens clubs ends 6/16/18 for $225 then it goes up to $275. Final deadline for all brackets = 6/28/18
Our Tournament Director is Zach Blalock at email@example.com
Data from previous years is below:
Past Vulcan 7s Winners:
2018 = Men’s = Birmingham A, Women’s = Memphis, U19 = CAYR, U12 = CAYR Red
2017 = Men’s Premier = Optimus, Men’s Social = …Women’s = … U19 = Ravenwood Raptors, JV = Ravenwood Raptors, U12 = CAYR
2016 = Men’s Premier = Atlanta Old White, Men’s Social = U. of Alabama, Women’s = Knoxville Minx
2015 = Men’s Premier = GRU (Select Side), Men’s Social = Jackson
2014 = Mens Premier = New Orleans, Women’s = Defiant, Men’s Social = Gadsden
2013 = Old White
2012 = Birmingham
1984 – 2011 = Can’t recall all of them