Web Page Last Updated 6/27/22
2022 Vulcan 7s = (39th Annual)
Birmingham, Alabama – June 25, 2022
Thanks to all teams who attended and made this tournament a huge success! We’ll see you in 2023 for the 40th!
Click Here for the Schedule (last posted 6/23/22 at 11:26am CT)
Registration Closed 6/21/22
CASH PRIZES for Men’s Open and Women’s Bracket 1st and 2nd!
-Registration is closed.
-Schedule is posted.
- Men’s National Qualifier Bracket
- Men’s Open Bracket
- U19 girls
- U19 boys
- Youth co-ed non-contact (age 7 and up 2 hand touch)
–Eligibility Information: EVERYONE who plays in our tournament (even youth) MUST be registered with USA Rugby. This was formerly known as “being CIPPed.” There are no exceptions to this rule. Motley teams are more than welcome, but they must still be USA Rugby complaint. This means they have a USA Rugby Membership ID. They will need to know this ID number. Age is determined as of Sept 1, 2021.
Tournament : The tournament is Saturday June 25, 2022. The link to the most currently posted schedule is at the top of this page.
Tournament Venue : Heardmont Park: 5458 Cahaba Valley Road, Birmingham, Alabama 35242
Social Venues : We are stepping it up and doing a bar crawl and much more this year! The theme of the social will be announced soon.
– Awards and beverages Saturday after the tournament = Zydeco – 2001 15th Avenue South, Birmingham, Alabama 35205
– Bar crawl in the Lakeview District after Zydeco
– Sunday 6/26/22 = Tubing trip at Limestone
Tournament Hotel: Up to you
- CASH PRIZES! 1st, and 2nd in the men’s open bracket and women’s bracket receive cash prize! 1st = $250, 2nd = $100.
- Chairs, coolers, tents, etc., are welcome
- There may be a food truck. This is TBD
- Air conditioned bathrooms and a portable toilet will be available
- Tournament t-shirts and other rugby merchandise will be for sale. Cash, credit, debit, venmo, square point of sale, and paypal will be accepted.
– Each individual player must check in at our Administration Tent to sign a special CIPP form
– Teams are limited to a maximum of 12 players per team. Feel free to enter more than 1 team.
– All halves are 7 minutes with 90 seconds for halftime
– If a team isn’t on the field by 5 minutes after scheduled time, it’s a forfeit
– Forfeit score is 20-0
– Coin toss for kickoff option
– Seeding determined by record
– See the most updated schedule to see how to advance past the pool stage. The exceptions are the U19 boys and U19 girls who will have a champion crowned based on points and no championship match. For U19 girls it will be best 2 out of 3. For U19 boys it will be wins, then head to head, then point differential, then tries.
– Ties are allowed in pool play of Women’s and Men’s. Ties are also allowed in all U19 girls and U19 boys matches.
– For Men’s and Women’s: wins, then head to head, then point differential, then tries. In playoffs 5-minute overtime period, up to 2 then drop kicks.
– Rolling subs until playoffs. Then 5 subs per game.
– The tourney schedule and pools will be facilitated at the Admin tent
– USA Rugby laws will determine eligibility for the tournament. That includes the age determination date of September 1, 2021.
– Note: The U12 co-ed non contact age group will be playing two hand touch, not flag. Click Here for the 2022 “Rugby Alabama” two hand touch law variations for YOUTH Rugby
How do I register a team? Fill out the form below, but first, here’s more information:
Registration is closed as of 6/21/22
Women’s and Men’s: Registration DEADLINE = 6/20/22. Early bird discount ends 5/31/22 for $200, then it goes up to $250.
College (Men’s and Women’s): Registration DEADLINE = 6/20/22. Early bird discount ends 5/31/22 for $150, then it goes up to $200.
Youth (including non-contact, U15, and U19): Only $1 thanks to AutoCar sponsoring your youth team! Registration DEADLINE = 6/20/22.
Dress Code at the Social: The theme this year is TBD but you might want to bring a spare change of clothes. Just sayin.
Our Tournament Director is Tyler Taunton at email@example.com. or you can text or call him at 201-787-7861.
Data from previous years is below:
Past Vulcan 7s Winners:
2022 = Men’s Qualifier = Old White, Men’s Non-Qualifier = Pensacola, Women’s = Harpooners, U19 Boys = North Shore, U19 girls = Roswell Lady Rebels, U12 co-ed two-hand touch = CAYR Green
2021 = Men’s = Birmingham, Women’s = Pensacola, U19 Boys = Brother Martin, U13 co-ed flag = CAYR Gray (Blue)
2020 = No tournament due to COVID-19 restrictions
2019 = Men’s = Optimus, Women’s = Slum Dog Mobillionians, U19 Boys = Brother Martin, U13 Flag = CAYR
2018 = Men’s = Birmingham A, Women’s = Memphis, U19 Boys = CAYR, U12 co-ed flag = CAYR Red
2017 = Men’s Premier = Optimus, Men’s Social = …Women’s = … U19 Boys = Ravenwood Raptors, JV = Ravenwood Raptors, U12 = CAYR
2016 = Men’s Premier = Atlanta Old White, Men’s Social = U. of Alabama, Women’s = Knoxville Minx
2015 = Men’s Premier = GRU (Select Side), Men’s Social = Jackson
2014 = Mens Premier = New Orleans, Women’s = Defiant, Men’s Social = Gadsden
2013 = Old White
2012 = Birmingham
1984 – 2011 = Can’t recall all of them