Last Updated 6/21/17 (again)
Important Announcement: Tentative Youth Bracket Announced Below
Alabama State Games and 34th Annual Vulcan 7s
U12 co-ed flag, JV boys, U19 boys, men’s social, men’s premier, and women’s. Men’s teams must choose social or premier division upon registration. The Alabama State Games portion will consist of U12 co-ed flag, JV boys, and U19 boys. The Vulcan 7s portion will consist of men’s social, men’s premier, and women’s.
–Eligibility Information: EVERYONE who plays in our tournament (even youth) MUST be CIPP complaint with USA Rugby. There are no exceptions to this rule. Motley teams are more than welcome, but they must still be CIPP complaint. This means they have a USA Rugby Membership ID. They will need to know this ID number.
Saturday June 24, 2017 –
Mens and Women’s Bracket – Stay tuned as of 6/21/17
Youth Bracket: Click the link below for tentative bracket as of 6/21/17:
Heardmont Park (5458 Cahaba Valley Rd, Birmingham, AL 35242)
Wingate by Wyndham at 800 Corporate Ridge Drive, Birmingham, AL 35242
- International Rugby Board 7s rules will govern competition. Stay tuned for any possible exceptions to be stated prior to the tournament. For example, Click here for the U12 flag rugby laws and “progressions” used for the Alabama State Games. (updated 6/8/17)
- USA Rugby rules will determine eligibility for the tournament. That includes the age determination date of September 1, 2016.
- Awards will be given for each division. The youth brackets will have Alabama State Games medals for each participant on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams. The Vulcan 7s awards are yet to be determined.
How much to register a team:
Youth (U12, JV, and U19) = $100 per team
Women’s = $200 per team
Men’s Social = Prior to June 10, 2017, it’s $225.00. Rate goes up to $275 starting June 10th.
Men’s Premier = $300 with a $300 cash prize for the winner.
Register For Alabama State Games or Vulcan 7s Now
In addition to the fields below, you must also fill out and provide this waiver/release/roster form to Birmingham Rugby:
Frequently Asked Questions:
(if not already answered above)
- I want to donate to or help the Alabama State Games and the philanthropic programs that are part of the Alabama Sports Festival Foundation (ASF Foundation). Where can I learn more?
- Go to the Alabama State Games Website
- Will qualified trainers be on site?
- Will restroom facilities be available on site?
- Will tournament t-shirts be for sale?
- yes. bring cash
- When is the deadline for registering a team?
- As of 5/16/17 the cut off date is 6/21/17 but please register now.
- Why are there not more brackets for female teams?
- We would love to add brackets for U15 and U19 females. If you are interested in entering a female team in one of those age groups please contact one of the tournament directors listed below, thanks.
- Will there be a social afterwards?
- For the youth teams no. For the men’s and women’s teams yes. It will be at Zydeco.
- Who can I contact if I still have questions?
Data from previous years is below:
Past Alabama State Games Winners:
2016 = NA. Tournament Canceled.
2015 = Mens = New Orleans Royale, Womens = Crescent City, U19 = Mayhem (Murfreesboro), U15 = Cavalry (Franklin, TN), U12 = Battleship (Mobile)
2014 = Mens = Birmingham, U19 = Lambert, U15 = Phoenix, U12 = Birmingham Red
2013 = Birmingham
2012 = Birmingham
2011 = Birmingham
Past Vulcan 7s Winners:
2016 = Men’s Premier = Atlanta Old White, Men’s Social = U. of Alabama, Women’s = Knoxville Minx
2015 = Men’s Premier = GRU (Select Side), Men’s Social = Jackson
2014 = Mens Premier = New Orleans, Women’s = Defiant, Men’s Social = Gadsden
2013 = Old White
2012 = Birmingham
1984 – 2011 = Can’t recall all of them